Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Prezi.com for Math!

I'm in Austin this week at TCEA and have been learning about so many cool tech tools and tips that I have to share some. Just today I heard from a 3rd grade teacher that is using Prezi with her students to map out "blueprints" of math problems. (If you don't know about Prezi go check it out at www.prezi.com and visit their "Learn" tab as it is a great & fun alternative to PowerPoint.) The idea is that students first map out their work of a math problem. Then after viewing a sample Prezi, the students create a mind map (she used paper & pencil) of how they would like to set-up their math blueprint in Prezi so that they can teach it to the class. The students then use Prezi and create their presentation that they can later share with the class.

To create an educator Prezi account you can click here. The free version is great! If you have any questions please let me know and I'll be happy to help!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't actually used this yet, but I'm definitely going to!

    ReplyDelete